2024 Real Estate Challenge
Saturday, April 13, 2024
Holland & Knight, 150 N Riverside Plaza, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
The Harold E. Eisenberg Foundation’s Annual Real Estate Challenge matches teams from selected universities in a competition focusing on a high-profile development/redevelopment project in the Chicago Metropolitan area. Each team is assigned the same case site and provided the same essential information and assumptions about the property. The students’ development plan must constitute a comprehensive analysis and conclusion of how to maximize the potential of the property from both a quantitative (financial) and qualitative (feasibility) standpoint. The winning team(s) receive a $5,000 scholarship.
The team can range in size between 3-5 students (minimum of 3, maximum of 5). To create a diverse and comprehensive strategy, we encourage you to build a diverse discipline team (including real estate development, finance, design, law, urban planning, construction, etc.) We understand that Teams may change throughout the competition.
- Wed, Oct 18th (4pm CST) – Team Sign-Up Due
- Wed, Jan 24th (9am CST) – Case Distribution & Virtual Call
- Sat, Feb 3rd (TBD CST) – Site Tour (TBD)
- Sat, Mar 2nd (4pm CST) – Purchase Price/Bid Due
- Fri, Mar 29th (4pm CST) – Written Summary Report Due (PPT Presentation Complete, Due Apr 5th)
- Fri, Apr 5th (4pm CST) – PPT Presentation Due
- Sat, Apr 13th (TBD) – Final Presentations (Chicago & Virtual)